Updated: May 1, 2019
When embarking on any home improvements or maintenance, before making a commitment, both consumers and tradespeople have their concerns and frustrations, which make it difficult for them to know whom they can really trust.
Before letting a tradesperson into their home they have no way of knowing
· Is the tradesperson who he says he is?
· Are they capable of doing the work and to what standard
· What happens if the job goes wrong?
The customer doesn’t have to show any commitment to the tradesperson, yet they’re
expected to buy the materials and do the work.
· They don’t know if the customer has the money to pay for the work?
· When they will pay?
· And whether it will be paid in full?